Thursday, July 5, 2007

Theo: That's pretty damned fantastic for a draft! I can only imagine how good it'd look with finished pencils/inks etc etc. Probably not necessary to have the inks, not until we get our property up and running anyway!

With regards to whether we're keeping this site as our ideas site or not, that's a good suggestion. We'll just keep this blog where we can bandy about our ideas and if we get something up and running, we'll get a proper website. OoOOo...getting excited!

Also, I'll leave it up to you to take artistic license over what actually appears on the panels. Everyone knows I can't draw and while I have a certain sense of positioning and camera angles and stuff like that, because you're the artist, you've had a better grasp of what looks better, storytelling-wise, than I do. I'm happy to just come up with the ideas and the crux of the story, but please feel free to make changes and alter stuff as you see fit.

With regards to the revised Ladiesman217 script, I think the 9th panel is probably unnecessary. With the original toothy grin, I think we get what Sam's intention is already. Plus, I really like that 8th panel, which further cements his predatory ways. But the 9th panel would seem a bit gratuitous...you know the saying "less is more"? If we leave out the 9th panel, we could leave it up to the imaginations of our readers...and they can think of some pretty nasty things!

No comments: