Monday, July 23, 2007

Sir Ian McKellan Vs Singapore

Ok, because Theo so nicely asked and even provided the link to the original article, here's one of Sir Ian McKellan of LOTR and X-Men fame:


Panel 1 - Just a dialogue box that says: "And now, some words from a very special guest."


Panel 2 - Profile of Ian McKellan. IM is walking about Singapore. You can clearly see the Benjamin Sheares bridge in the background.

IM: "Hello. My name is Sir Ian McKellan. You may remember me from such blockbuster hits as the Lord of the Rings and X-Men trilogies."


Panel 3 - Same. This time, we can see the Merlion.

IM: "You may have recently heard the Singapore government banned me from appearing nude in the production of William Shakespeare's "King Lear"."


Panel 4 - IM has stopped walking. The camera is starting to pull out and we can start to see a bit of the Esplanade in the background (don't show too much just yet though!).

IM: "What century do we live in? Surely the people in charge can see that this performance is of an artistic nature, and not some graphic attempt just to show off my naughty bits! As a sovereign state under former British rule, surely you can tell the difference between the two!"


Panel 5 - An eye-in-the-sky view of the Esplanade. IM is a tiny talking head who's gesturing rudely at the Esplanade building, or more accurately, the two durians/fly's eyes.

IM: "I mean, really. You ban me from exposing my bits for artistic purposes, but at the same time, you've got those two grotesque and perverse non-artistic balls at the waterfront which you call your "Esplanade"."


Panel 6 - The camera has zoomed back into IM's profile.

IM: "I rest my case. Come watch me in "King Lear" and if you're lucky, I might get naughty flash the audience!"

No comments: